Client: AECOM, LEHRER
Owner: New York Empire State Development (NYESD)
Project Value: TBD
Contract Duration: 2017-2020
Services Provided: Cost Estimating, Project Controls
Jacob K. Javits Convention Center Expansion Project
New York, NY
Ellana is serving as part of the project management team to provide project controls and cost estimating assistance on site. Day-to-day tasks include preliminary estimates preparation, estimates reviews prepared by the design-build team, change order estimates preparation and negotiations. This project involves enlarging the Javits Center by 1.2 million sf amounting to a fivefold increase in meeting room space. The expansion reroutes 20,000 event-related trucks off area streets each year, reducing the move-in and move- out process for events by 30% and freeing up an 20+ days for new events Highlights include:
- 90,000sf of permanent exhibit space, to be combined with current exhibit space, to create ~500,000sf exhibition hall.
- 45,000 square feet of meeting room space.
- 55,000 square-foot ballroom, the largest of its kind in the New York region.
- Green roof terrace and pavilion accommodating 1,500 people for outdoor events.
- LEED Silver certification.
- An on-site truck marshaling facility with room for more than 230 event and exhibit-related trucks.
- 27 new loading docks.
- Added kitchen and food service areas; and Back-of-House and administrative space