Client: HAKS Engineers, Architects and Land Surveyors, P.C.
Owner: Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA)
Project Value: Various
Contract Duration: 2014-2015
Services Provided: Cost Management, Scheduling
MTA Security Upgrades at Eastchester and LaGuardia Bus Depots
New York, NY
This project involved providing scheduling services to MTA for this indefinite quantity consultant Construction Management and Inspection Management services for upgrades at Eastchester and LaGuardia bus depots. The scope of services involved the following:
- Review construction drawings, specifications and requirements.
- Worked with CM, GC, subcontractors to review detailed construction schedule – baseline and monthly updates. Software used was Oracle Primavera (P6). Schedule included activities for bidding/awarding contracts, shop drawings submission, review/approval process, fabrication/delivery and construction activities.
- Followed required WBS and coding structure as per specifications from MTA.
- Worked with contractor schedulers to ensure proper baseline was completed, and updates provide. Identified key project issues impacting the schedule, and applied / suggested corrective methods, as well as supervised preparations of recovery schedules as needed.
- Review/analyzed critical path and schedule update report/narrative preparations for owners monthly.
- As project encountered severe issues towards the last 6 months, we prepared detailed time impact and delay analysis fort the last project phases. Presented delay analysis to CM, MTA and remaining project team. Time impact analysis was approved and used as basis to provide time extension to the contractor.